Idiot (Previously Unreleased) - Single


chris martin, jonny, will and guy signed 2002 promo 8x10 (photo psa loa)
*photo edited

With final mixings from 2022, "Idiot" was performed extensively throughout the A Rush of Blood to the Head tour and was also recorded but never released. This version features very different lyrics and an overall different structure to that heard by live audiences.

__________________________________

lyrics:

My love, my love, she came to me / Said "open up your heart, love, so I can see" / Oh, my boy, my boy, where have you been? / I had my eyes closed I could not have seen / / And my heart, my heart, began to bleed / Out from the bridge and now to the street / Oh, my love, my love, where did you go? / Ask somebody else 'cause I just don't know / / Oh, my love, my love, she took my hand / Lead me to a bride and said "please understand" / That my boy, my boy, I let you go / Over to the river where the waters flow / / And my love, my love, what have you seen? / I said "I'm sorry, don't know what you mean" / Oh, my boy, my boy, what did you see? / Ask somebody else baby don't ask me / / What an idiot / He run around like a chicken with his head cut off / What an idiot / He run around like a chicken with his head cut off / What an idiot / Oh, won't you please tell me baby when its gonna stop / What an idiot / / Boy, my head, my head, began to ache / And it was quite clear I made a big mistake / Oh, my love, my love, did you not know? / Take me to the river where the waters flow / / And my love, my love, you've seen it all / Stare quite blankly at a white-washed wall / And tell me honey, are you blessed or cursed / With a heart that beats so much it bursts? / / An idiot / He run around like a chicken with his head cut off / An idiot / He run around like a chicken with his head cut off / What an idiot / Oh, won't you please tell me baby when its gonna stop / What an idiot / / It's a wonderful life, I've never felt so alive, I've never felt so alive / But it's a wonderful life, I've never felt so alive, I've never felt so alive / Oh, it's a wonderful life, I've never felt so alive, I've never felt so alive / / Oh, it's a wonderful life, I've never felt so alive, I've never felt so alive / Oh, it's a wonderful life, I've never felt so alive, I've never felt so alive / Yeah, it's a wonderful life, I've never felt so alive, I've never felt so alive
__________________________

Not For Production, For Listening Purposes Only

Copyright: © 2002 Parlophone Records Limited A Warner Music Group Company.

The content on this website is provided for informational purposes only. We do not claim ownership of any copyrighted material that may be featured on this site. All third-party trademarks, images, and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

We believe our use of such material constitutes 'fair use' as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for educational and research purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes that exceed 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

If you are a copyright owner and have any concerns about the use of your material on this site, please contact us, and we will promptly address any issues.

Tracklist:

01 Idiot (Previously Unreleased) 

______


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coldplay: Live at The Citadel (Live at The Citadel, Amman, Jordan, November 23, 2019) [Live Album]

The Race (Alternate Version) [Previously Unreleased] - Single

Coldplay: Live at Live at the Reading Festival, 1999 - EP